Developer update for Diablo 4 CrossPlay and tons of features
Blizzard gave information on Diablo 4 CrossPlay, Early Access, mechanics, Armor Systems and cosmetics in the Diablo IV Developer Update Live Stream – February 2023 broadcast held today.
Diablo 4 CrossPlay support between PS5 and PC
During the broadcast, lead world designer Art Peshkov, lead systems designer Meng Song and game director Joe Shely shared a lot of information about the production. Stream presented by Adam Fletcher, Diablo Franchaise Community Lead.
Keynotes of the stream
- Three class will be on the open beta. Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer will be playeble on early access. Other two classes, Necromancer and Druid, will add to the open beta.
- There will be two phases on the open beta. The first, early access, will take place from March 17 to March 19, and this open beta will only be available to those who pre-order. The second phase will take place between 24-26 March and will be open to everyone.
- Ray tracing will be coming after launch
- There will be preload before open beta. It will be announced on the Diablo 4 Blog.
- You can create up to 10 characters.
- Diablo 4 crossplay will be available across all platforms. You need to log in to your Battle.net account.
- There will be many cosmetic items in the game. Including a wolf bag that you carry on your back.
- Armor system will be major feature for the damage. Chests and pants will more affect the armor power than the boots, gloves etc.
- Armor works differently on Diablo IV than the previous games.
- There will be some kind of elemental resistant system. For example, some of the creature will have a resist to shadow damage but not to elemental damage. Probably this means we have to change our armor boss to boss.
- Armors will add bonus in the game. Like more resistance.
- You’ll get damage even if you fight with lower level monster.
- Monsters hit points will increse %10 every level they have.
- More information for the progression and end-game systems will be explained after the beta.
- Tuning the limitations of the number of people in open world will change the area.
- We will be able to use the controllers on the PC.
- Runes and runewords won’t be before launch. It is still on the table.
- WASD game play is not supported at launch.
Diablo 4 open beta date announced several days ago.
About Diablo 4
Diablo IV will be a shared open world with 5 zones to explore. From the Dry Steppe to the Scosglen coast to the glacial ridges, each zone has been carefully and meticulously created by the Diablo Art and Design teams.
Many of these areas feature dynamic objects that bring buildings and terrain to life. The team pushed themselves to create a realistic and varied destruction element, placing interactable and destructible objects in many of the environments.
Diablo IV also offers more than 150 randomly generated dungeons that utilize a combination of manual and procedural creation.
To make dungeon creation efficient and flexible, the team set out to create a variety of tilesets that could be cleverly reused with different objects, interaction elements and lighting. To give the tilesets a more natural feel, new transition scenes were created to smooth the transition between two different tilesets in the same dungeon.
Diablo 4 Trailer
Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer
Diablo IV, developed by Blizzard Entertainment, is poised to get even more monetization options, including a Diablo 4 Battle Pass for the first time. Battle Passes have become a market mainstay, since players are permitted and encouraged to invest hours into the game before spending money on cosmetics.
Diablo 4 Release Date
The game will release 2nd of June 2023.
You can watch the stream on Youtube. If you want to pre order Diablo 4 follow this: Diablo 4 pre-order
Diablo 4 Price
Standard edition of Diablo IV
In addition to the PlayStation and Microsoft digital shops, Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop, and Battle.net all offer preorders for Diablo IV’s standard edition for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation for $69.99 in both physical and digital forms.
The following cosmetic items are also available to you if you pre-order the standard edition.
Diablo 3’s Inarius Wings and Inarius Murloc Pet, World of Warcraft’s Amalgam of Rage Mount, and Diablo Immortal’s Umber Winged Darkness cosmetics set.
Deluxe Edition OF Diablo IV
The $89.99 Deluxe Edition is only accessible digitally via the Microsoft, PlayStation, or Battle.net Stores. You have access to everything in the normal edition of the game as well as two more cosmetic items if you purchase the somewhat more shiny version of it.
the Temptation Mount in-game mount Diablo IV, Diablo IV’s Hellborn Carapace Mount Armor, Choosing the Deluxe Edition not only grants you access to a sick new mount but also to Diablo IV’s seasonal Battle Pass and the ability to play the entire game up to four days before its official release.
Ultimate Edition of Diablo 4
The $99.99 Ultimate Edition of Diablo IV is only accessible digitally via Battle.net, the PlayStation Store, or the Microsoft Store.
Purchasing this top-tier edition of the game grants you access to everything offered in the earlier editions, including the ability to play the game up to four days before its official release. You can also skip 20 Battle Pass levels and receive an exclusive “Wings of the Creator” emote for Diablo IV.