Just before the launch of Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1, the trophy list for the game appeared online, which includes the original Metal Gear Solid’s trophies.
Metal Gear Solid trophy list
The first volume will launch at October 24 and will bring the classic Metal Gear games to multiple platforms, including the PC, PS5, Switch, and Xbox Series X/S consoles. Fans are excited about the game’s launch. Meanwhile, the trophy list for Metal Gear Solid appeared online.
Players will be able to earn a variety of achievements in Master Collection across all platforms that support this feature, with all three Metal Gear Solid games having their own individual trophy lists.
This is the second re release of these classic Metal Gear games in one collection, following the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection that originally launched in 2011 for PS3, Xbox 360, and PlayStation Vita. The older collection included remastered ports of Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker, complete with trophies, separated by game.
The Master Collection’s trophy list has been posted online, with the original Metal Gear Solid having its own unique set of trophies.
Metal Gear Solid having the least amount of trophies to unlock in Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection, 19 in total. These include one Platinum, nine Gold, three silver, and six bronze trophies in total to unlock. This set of trophies is pretty streamlined, consisting mostly of story related trophies that players will obtain by defeating the game’s bosses.
Metal Gear Solid 1 Trophy List
- MGS Trophy Veteran – Unlock all trophies (Platinum)
- Commencing Mission – Begin a New Game (Bronze)
- Vs. Revolver Ocelot – Defeat Revolver Ocelot (Bronze)
- Vs. M1 Tank – Defeat M1 Tank (Bronze)
- Vs. Ninja – Defeat Ninja (Bronze)
- Vs. Psycho Mantis – Defeat Psycho Mantis (Bronze)
- Vs. Sniper Wolf – Defeat Sniper Wolf (Silver)
- Vs. Hind D – Defeat Hind D (Silver)
- Vs. Sniper Wolf (Rematch) – Prevail in the rematch against Sniper Wolf (Gold)
- Vs. Vulcan Raven – Defeat Vulcan Raven (Gold)
- Vs. Metal Gear REX – Defeat Metal Gear REX (Gold)
- Vs. Liquid Snake – Defeat Liquid Snake (Gold)
- Begin VR Training – Complete a VR training mission (Bronze)
- Cover-to-Cover Solid – Read all the pages in the story compendium (Silver)
- Bandana Acquired – Obtain Bandana (Gold)
- Stealth Camo Acquired – Obtain the Stealth Camo (Gold)
- Elite Codename – Obtain the Fox or Big Boss codename (Gold)
- VR Training Graduate – Complete all VR training missions (Gold)
- Ghost Photo Exorcist – Exorcise a ghost photo (Gold)
There are some challenging trophies in this list, such as obtaining the Fox and Big Boss codename, which requires the player to play the game on Hard or Extreme difficulty, complete the game in under 3 hours, kill no less than 25 enemies, trigger 4 or fewer alerts, use one or no rations, and use no continues, all within the same playthrough.
The trophy to complete all the VR missions might also be trouble, as there are over 300 to complete, of varying difficulty. The player will also need to beat the game at least twice in order to obtain both the Stealth Camo and Infinite Ammo Bandana, which are items exclusive to two individual endings of Metal Gear Solid.
There are also trophies for Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 but they are the same from the HD Collection’s. Meanwhile Master Collection adds six more trophies to each list, such as obtaining the Big Boss codename in MGS2 and finishing the game without triggering an alert in Metal Gear Solid 3.
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection releases October 24 on PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, and Xbox Series X/S.