Genshin Impact is an action roleplaying game. Because of it’s huge open world, if you are a new player, you have hard time by learning icon meanings in the game. But do not worry, in this article, we will share all information regarding Genshin Impact Icons.
Genshin Impact Icons on the minimap
Your minimap displayed at the top left corner in your screen. It allows you to see which way you are going. In your minimap, sometimes small icons appear, they notifies you about point of interests.
All point of interest icons and their meanings
Genshin Impact has huge open world, there are tons of things you can collect but some of them are different and because of that, these icons notifies you that if you want to collect these, be carefull and search around.
Mine icon indicates that they are mine sources you can collect. Currently, there is only one character that allows you to show mine icon on your map and this character is Ningguang. If you take her to your party, if you get close to mine source, mine icon will appear in your minimap.
Mine sources are used for levelling up your weapons. After you collect mines, you have to go to blacksmith and order these mines to turn into Enhancement Ore. After turning them into Ore, you can easily use them to level up your weapons.
In Genshin Impact’s world, all regions has specific local specialities which can only be found in this region. There are few characters that allows you to see these specialities in your minimap if you take that character in your party.
- Klee and Mika shows resources specific to Mondstadt on the minimap.
- Yanfei and Qiqi shows resources specific to Liyue on the minimap.
- Gorou shows resources specific to Inazuma on the minimap.
- Tighnari shows resources specific to Sumeru on the minimap.
The star icon means there are nearby oculi to be collected. Oculi are the items needed to upgrade the Statues of the Seven, and currently come in these different types:
- Anemoculus (Mondstadt)
- Geoculus (Liyue)
- Electroculus (Inazuma)
- Dendroculus (Sumeru)
If you get close to any oculi, small star icon will appear in your minimap, if you move away from that oculi, this star icon will disappear. Levelling up the Statues of the Seven gives you various rewards and buffs within the region.
Other Genshin Impact Icons on the minimap
There are a couple more icons that show up on the map. In cities, you can come across icons marking the fishing association, crafting benches, blacksmiths, restaurants, and other establishments, but all of these are pretty self-explanatory.
Outside of that, here are some of the more cryptic icons that appear in your map if you are in a specific location, here is the list of them:
Key Sigils appear on the minimap around Enkanomiya. There are five of them in total, and they’re used to release the seal with the matching image.
When traversing Dragonspine, nearby crimson agate is marked on the minimap with a small crystal-like icon. These can be used to upgrade the frost-bearing tree for multiple rewards including wishes, Hero’s Wit, and even a set of Wings and a namecard at the higher levels.
Wormholes are shown on the minimap as a small portal. There are several currently available across the world.
- Cape Oath to Musk Reef for the Spiral Abyss entrance
- Jinren Island to an underwater ruin, home to the Perpetual Mechanical Array world boss
- To Vanarana for unlocking Jadeplume Terrorshroom world boss.
- The Emanant Skylight at the Evernight Temple
- The Emanant Skylight at The Narrows
- The Emanant Skylight at The Serpent’s Heart
The four-point star with swirls around it that appears on both the map and minimap is a Waverider Waypoint, where you can summon a Waverider ship.
Genshin Impact icons along the top of the screen
- Compass: This is the events tab, where you can get a rundown of each of the current Genshin Impact events
- Wings around a star: This is the battle pass, where you get rewards for completing certain missions. There’s a basic version that is free, or a paid version called the Gnostic Hymn.
- Large star with two smaller stars: This is a shortcut to the wish banners, where you can pull new characters
- Open book: This is the Adventurer’s Handbook. Here, you can claim rewards for completing certain missions and milestones, look at all the available domains and what rewards they give, and check out all the bosses you can fight.
- Backpack: This is the Traveler’s backpack, where you can find all of your items.
- Lumine icon: This is the character screen, you can display your characters, their gears, weapons and other informations as well.
Genshin Impact icons on the left-hand side of the menu
- Camera: It allows you to take a snapshot of your screen.
- Notice board: This is where you can find all the latest information from the developers, including patch notes, upcoming events, and more.
- Envelope: This is your mailbox, where you’ll receive gifts from friends (and characters sometimes), reminders when an event is about to end, free primogems after maintenance is complete, and more.
- Clock: This allows you to skip time in-game – handy for when quests want you to return to the location at a specific time.
- Cog: Like most games, the cog will take you to a settings menu.
And we explained all Genshin Impact Icons you can encounter during your playtime. We hope this article helped you to understand all Genshin Impact Icons.
You can download Genshin Impact from Hoyoverse website.