Elden Ring Rebirth is a feature that resets your character stats. In this guide, we will tell you everything about Rebirth in Elden Ring.
Rebirth or Respec allows you to reset your Character Stats. It usually used for make drastic changes to player’s build or change your attributes.
How to Rebirth in Elden Ring?
After defeating the shardbearer, Rennala Queen of the Full Moon, of Raya Lucaria Academy. You will be able to redistribute your attribute points in exchange for a Larval Tear.
How Does Elden Ring Rebirth Works?
In your Rebirth Menu, you can spend Larval Tears to clear your levels and reassign them.
You must reassign all levels until you reach your present level and cannot make any attributes lower than their initial level.
The Larval Tear is consumed only after confirming your allocation of stats by responding to the prompt of Undergo rebirth?.
Read More: How to fix Elden Ring white screen crash?
Locations for Larval Tears in Elden Ring
There are 18 Larval Tears to find in Elden Ring.
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as a lone sword wielding Wandering Noble. Stands directly east of the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace.
Liurnia of the Lakes
- Found in the graveyard of the town, at Village of the Albinaurics.
- Dropped by a Grafted Scion disguised as a Giant Crayfish patrolling around the gazeboo. There are four Giant Crayfish in this area. Three of them are sleeping and one is patrolling.
- Found in the graveyard east of Caria Manor after obtaining the Resurrection Painting. This area can only be reached after defeating Royal Knight Loretta. The item is found by touching a ghost sitting on a chair at the graveyard.
- Purchased from Pidia, Carian Servant for 3000 Runes. He can be reached after defeating Royal Knight Loretta by dropping down the cliffs.
- Dropped by a Troll disguised as a Wandering Noble in Caelid. By the Stone coffins on the cliff South of the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace.
- Dropped by a Lion Guardian disguised as a Wandering Noble covering in a corner in the unnamed ruins southeast of Windmill Village. The ruins are the clifftops, most easily reached by going North from Rampartside Path site of grace.
- Dropped by Colossal Wormface disguised as charred corpse. Due east from the Road of Iniquity grace. Upon entering the ruined camp and next to the first corpse fire will be the charred remains enemy.
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as a pilgrim in the Consecrated Snowfield. The disguised pilgrim is halg burned in snow with two other pilgrims. One carrying a torch, standing around it.
- Purchased from the Nomadic Merchant in Siofra River for 3000 Runes.
Nokron, Eternal City
- Found on a corpse inside the Stone building southeast of the Nokron, Eternal City Site of Grace.
- Found on a corpse in the middle of a gazebo in Nokron, Eternal City. When approaching the corpse, slimes will fall down.
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball in Night’s Sacred Ground.
- Two dropped by Mimic Tear when defeated.
Nokstella, Eternal City
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball on the bridge in Nokstella, Eternal City.
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball. In the North east building after the bridge in Nokstella, Eternal City.
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball after the bridge up the stairs. Immediate building after reaching the top in Nokstella, Eternal City.
Read More: Elden Ring Runes Farming: Dupe Runes
Elden Ring Rebirth FAQ
Rebirth Location in Elden Ring
Academy of Raya Lucaria is located near the center of Liurnia of the Lakes.
Prerequisite Bosses (like Queen Rennala boss fight) which must be defeated before being able to Rebirth:
- Red Wolf of Radagon
- Defeating Rennala Queen of the Full Moon (Rennala rebirth)
What does a rebirth do in Elden Ring?
Rebirth is a feature which allows you to reset your character stats and make changes to your build, playstyle and so on. For this, you need Larval Tear.
Should you rebirth Elden Ring?
It depends on the situation you’re in. If you did some mistakes in the early game and you wish you could change them. It’s the best option for this. But you will lose all your stats, so you should think twice and make your mind about Rebirth your character.
Read More: Elden Ring Alexanders Storyline
What is the perfect rebirth Elden Ring?
Perfect Rebirth is a reference to the decription of Great Rune of the Unborn. Great Rune dropped by Rennala Queen of the Full Moon after defeating her. Unlike the other Great Runes, you don’t need to restore it’s power at Divine Tower.
What happens when you restart Elden Ring?
Once you start New Game+, enemies will be powered up. They will also give more Runes as a result. Your level will be the same, also gear (including ashes, weapons spells, sorceries and so on)
But you will lose Sites of Grace and Great Runes. Also key items will disappear as well. Doors that opened by Stonesword Keys are also reset.
Read More: How to mod Elden Ring with Mod Installer?
Will I lose everything if I restart Elden Ring?
Your level and collected items will be the same as before. Few things that will disappear are Sites of Grace, Great Runes, Key Items. Also doors opened with Stonesword Key will be locked again.
What happens if you refuse Melina?
Refusing Melina’s offer will block all your progression in the game. If you wanna level up, you should accept her offer. She is the only one who gives the key item Spectral Steed Whistle. This item allows you to summon horse.
We gave all the information regarding Elden Ring Rebirth mechanics. We hope you will enjoy your playtime with Elden Ring. Don’r fotget to check our “How To Get Uchigatana Elden Ring?” and “Elden Ring Starter Guide“.