How to fix Elden Ring white screen crash? (2023)
In this article, we will talk about Elden Ring white screen crash issue on startup issue and solutions to solve it. Developed and published by From Software, Elden Ring was highly appreciated by many players.
The game does not seem to have any problems in gameplay or graphics, but many users may experience white screen problems or black screen problems in the game. You can try the following solutions for Elden Ring white screen crash on startup and black screen problem solutions on your Windows PC.
How to fix Elden Ring white screen problem?
We have found various solutions that you can apply for Elden Ring white screen problem solution on your computer. You can try the following methods to fix the problem and find the solution to the problem.
1-) Update Your Graphics Card Driver
One of the first methods you can try is to update the driver of the graphics unit you are using. Elden Ring is a graphics-oriented game. For this reason, your system may need to have an up-to-date and powerful graphics card and graphics driver.
Graphics drivers are one of the necessary and important drivers for the correct and stable operation of your graphics card. Therefore, you should make sure that the correct and stable version is installed.
You can download the latest graphics driver update from the Windows Update screen via “Windows Optional Updates”.
You can manually download and install the latest version by visiting your graphics card manufacturer’s website. However, before running the installer, you may need to uninstall the current driver by applying the “Uninstall Device” method through the “Device Manager”.
2-) Bring Your Graphics Card Driver to Stable Version
If you already have an update to the latest version, you can try upgrading to the latest version that is stable for your graphics card. Usually, graphics card manufacturers refer to the drivers they are testing as “BETA” versions. You should make sure that the driver you are using has a stable version.
You can find latest NVIDIA drivers on this link.
You can find latest AMD graphics drivers on this link.
3-) Run Elden Ring in “High Performance” Mode in Windows
Elden Ring is a graphics-based game. Therefore, your system should prioritise game graphics. You can do this by running the game on a special graphics card.
You need to adjust your graphics setting by following these steps:
- Press the Windows + I hotkey to open the “Settings” menu.
- Click on the “System” option on the left panel.
- Now you will see the “Monitor” option.
- After clicking on “Monitor”, click on “Graphics”. Here you will find all applications installed on your system.
- Select Elden Ring in the list.
- If it is not listed, click on “Browse” and navigate to the place on your PC where you installed Elden Ring.
- Select the .exe file of the game.
- Once the game is added, click on it and select “Options”.
- Select the highest performing graphics card on your PC by selecting “High Performance” or “Specific GPU” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Save.
That’s it. Open Elden Ring game and observe whether the white screen problem or black screen problem is solved.
Read More: Elden Ring Runes Farming: Dupe Runes
4-) Make Sure Windows is Up to Date
An outdated Windows version may be causing you to experience some problems in games. Windows update is one of the most logical options for solving various errors. Therefore, Elden Ring can be a solution for white screen problem and black screen problem.
You can check Windows updates as follows:
- Use the Windows + I shortcut to open the Settings menu.
- Click Windows Update on the left panel of the screen.
- Then click on “Check for updates”.
Windows will check for available updates. If an update is found, click the download button to start the download process. After installing the update, restart your system. Then restart Elden Ring and check if the problem is resolved.
5-) Turn off Xbox Game Bar
The Windows version comes with Xbox Game Bar. In this way, you can save games and use the sharing feature with your friends. However, it can also cause the problem we mentioned. For this reason, you may need to disable the Xbox Game Bar feature to solve Elden Ring white screen problem and black screen problems.
You can follow these ways to do this:
- Use the Windows + I shortcut to open the Settings menu.
- Click the “Game” option on the left panel of the screen.
- Select the Xbox Game Bar option.
- Turn off the “Turn on the Xbox Game Bar using this button on the controller” option.
That’s it. Start the game and check if the problem persists.
6-) Disable Discord Game Interface
The next thing you can try is to disable the game interface, which is one of the Discord features. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open the Discord app and click on the gear icon to the right of your name at the bottom.
- Click on the “Game Interface” option under “Event Settings”.
- Then disable the tick next to the “Enable in-game interface” option.
Then restart your system to save the settings. Launch the game and check if the problem is resolved.
7-) Verify the Integrity of Game Files
If you are experiencing white screen or black screen problems in Elden Ring, you should also consider the possibility that your game files are corrupt or missing. In both cases, you will need to verify the integrity of Elden Ring files.
To do this, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Open Steam and go to the tab with your game library.
- Find Elden Ring and right-click on it.
- Click “Properties” from the context menu.
- Click on the “Local Files” tab.
- Select “Verify the integrity of game files”.
Launch the game and check if the problem is resolved.
Read More: How to mod Elden Ring?
😎 Update the Game
The last thing you can try is to make sure you are using the latest version of the game. Elden Ring is a very popular game. Therefore, if there is a problem, it will not take long for the developers to solve it. Despite all this, if you are experiencing the problem we mentioned, you can check if the game has been updated.
You can follow these steps to check the latest update of the game on Steam:
- Launch the Steam client and go to the “Library” tab.
- Select Elden Ring and click “Check for Updates”.
- Steam will search for available updates. If found, click “Update” to start the update process.
Wait until the update is installed. Once done, launch the game and check if the issue has been fixed.
What causes Elden Ring white screen issue?
The main reason behind Elden Ring white screen issue and black screen problems is outdated or unstable graphics card driver. Corrupted game files, outdated Windows, in-game interface features, and Xbox Game Bar can also cause the problem.
How to fix Elden Ring black screen issue?
You can try the solutions mentioned above for the Elden Ring black screen problem solution.