In this guide we will explain how to solve the Warhammer 40K Darktide Black Screen issue. If your downloaded and installed game not working or Warhammer Darktide crashing please follow the steps below.
Warhammer 40K Darktide game is a cooperative first-person shooter video game developed and published by Fatshark. The game is set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe and takes place in the city of Tertium. Players take on the role of Imperial Guardsmen fighting against hordes of enemies including Chaos cultists and Nurgle daemons.
The game features a variety of different character classes, each with their own unique abilities and playstyles. Players need to work together to solve the challenges.
Unfortunately, some players are experiencing a black screen issue when playing the game.
Update your graphics card drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. You can usually find these on the website.
Check this out: How to fix Warhammer 40K Darktide Error Code 4008
How to fix Warhammer 40000 Darktide Black Screen Issue?
There are some solutions to fix Warhammer 40,000 Darktide’s black screen issue. Some of them may help to solve your problem.
1. Verify game files
Steam allows you to verify the integrity of your game files, which can sometimes fix issues.
- Right click on Darktide in your Steam library
- Select Properties
- Go to the Local Files tab
- Click Verify Integrity of Game Files
2. Disable fullscreen optimization
- Right-click on the Darktide executable file
- Select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Check the box that says “Disable fullscreen optimizations”
3. Run the game in windowed mode
If the above steps don’t work, try running the game in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. You can do this in the game’s settings. Or just simply click “Alt + Enter” at the same time when you are in the game.
Check this out: How to Fix Warhammer 40K Darktide Error Code 9999
4. Reinstall the game
If all else fails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
- Open the Steam client on your computer and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Library” tab in the Steam client to see a list of your installed games.
- Right-click on the game you want to reinstall and select “Delete Local Content” from the drop-down menu. This will uninstall the game from your computer.
- Once the game has been uninstalled, go back to the “Library” tab in Steam and find the game in your list of games.
- Click on the game to go to its store page, and then click the “Install” button to begin the reinstallation process.
- Follow the prompts to choose the installation location and start the download.
5. Try turning off overlay apps
Some of the apps have their own overlays. They may works in the background and interfere with the smoothness of gameplay or even launch problems. It’s possible that this is the problem causing the black screen issue.
– Turn off the Discord overlay
- Open the Discord application
- The gear symbol is at the bottom; click it
- Choose Overlay from the App Settings menu
- Enable the in-game overlay setting
- Darktide can be chosen by selecting the Games tab
- Deactivate the toggle for the in-game overlay
- To apply changes, make sure to restart your computer
– Turn off the Xbox Game Bar
To access Windows Settings:
- Press Windows + I.
- Choose Games
- Visit the Game Bar
- Turn off Use the Game bar option to capture screenshots, game clips, and videos
In the unlikely event that you can’t locate the Game Bar option, look for it in the Windows Settings menu.
– Turn off NVIDIA GeForce Experience Overlay
- Open the Settings page in the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
- Disable the In-Game Overlay feature by selecting the General tab.
- Restart the computer to implement the adjustments and start the game once more to solve Warhammer 40K Darktide black screen issue.
6. Check your system requirements
Make sure your system is enough for the minimum requirements to run Darktide. Here is the minimum system requirements of the game:
- 64-bit operating system and CPU
- Windows 10 (64-bit) and Windows 11 (64 bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 2400G OR Intel i5-6600 (3.30GHz) (3.6 GHz)
- RAM: 8 GB
- GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 OR AMD Radeon RX 570 for graphics
- 12th version of DirectX
- 50 GB of storage
7. Disable antivirus or firewall software
Sometimes antivirus or firewall software can interfere with games. Try temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall software you have running to see if that fixes the issue.
8. Check for other running programs
Close any other programs or applications that may be running in the background while you’re playing Darktide. This can free up system resources and help the game run smoother.
- Press the Windows button or click to start menu
- Write “Task Manager” to search
- Check the applications that are consuming your CPU and GPU
9. Adjust graphics settings
Lowering graphics settings can sometimes help fix issues with the game. You can change the settings in the game’s options section.
10. Contact with the support team
If none of the above steps work to solve your Warhammer 40K Darktide Black Screen, you can contact the game’s support team for further assistance. Customer service will help you troubleshoot the issue and the can offer additional solutions.
Also you can use the same steps, if you have “Warhammer Darktide not launching crashing” issue.